rogers cabal and blacklisting

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 9 17:06:11 UTC 2004

At 07:22 AM 01/09/2004 -0500, Herb Richter wrote:
>         I had this same problem until I reconfigured sendmail on one
>machine on my network to forward outgoing mail to the rogers smtp host.
>This did require authentication but does not require a rogers.com address.
>The different mail reader clients then route their mail to the local
>configured machine.

I don't have a problem with my ISP (Rogers in this case) requiring
authentication in order to send mail through there SMTP server. I do have a
slight issue with the fact that Rogers sticks in an extra header in the
outgoing mail which includes ones e-mail address at rogers.com so I will
probably be able to look forward to getting junk mail via my rogers account
in addition to getting it from my primary mail server.

BTW, how do you configure sendmail to handle the login form of
authentication to a remote SMTP server?

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb-XXPEJ3/fxIc at public.gmane.org#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"