OT: Video signal on monitors

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 6 23:05:45 UTC 2004

Matthew Godycki wrote:

[snip]

>Alternatively, would using some sort of video (svideo/composite) input on a normal video card be a better
>solution for connecting other devices to the monitor (obviously this wouldn't work for the tv tuner aspect).

You said that the card had S-video; use that if you can !
the component video signal should perform much better.

Have you used this card with any other operating systems and/or drivers ?
    you know .. that.. Win.. something..
    Same crappy image ?
Is there a quality difference between windowed and full screen ?
Can you loop throught the device ? Camera to the S-video and component
to a monitor (or VCR input) ?
    same ?
NTSC is generally speaking NTSC so the device shouldn't be putting out a
lower resolution.
    or it isn't NTSC
       Do you know what NTSC stands for ?
             No Two Same Colour ! It's a fairly crappy standard to start
with.
                PAL kicks it ass !
djp