OT: Video signal on monitors

Matthew Godycki mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 6 16:28:06 UTC 2004

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 08:19:41PM -0500, Matthew Godycki wrote:
> > The monitor in question is an IBM T750 17" LCD which has a
> > native resolution of: 1280x1024 running in 32bit colour. In all
> > other aspects, I've found it to be a very nice monitor.
>
> Remember that LCDs look awful at anything other than their native
> resolution or an integer division of it.

You're absolutely right, and I've been running the monitor at its native resolution the entire time :)

So now for the million dollar question... Do you think it would be worthwhile to try a bttv based card?

Alternatively, would using some sort of video (svideo/composite) input on a normal video card be a better
solution for connecting other devices to the monitor (obviously this wouldn't work for the tv tuner aspect).

I'm really trying to solve two problems, but even one would work:
1) Improving the image quality when using the tv tuner
2) Improving the image quality when connecting external video devices (ie, camera, gaming console, etc).