When will the persecution of MS *end*?!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 20:27:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 10:27:35AM -0500, David J Patrick wrote:
> I used Stacker on my zip100 work disks. Now I have data trapped untill
> the day when I set up a Win3.1 box and install the Stacker4 disks I
> found at Goodwill.
> That day is a long way off, but I guard the floppies that constitute the
> shred of hope
> that someday I'll get those files back !

Hmm, I always thought using .zip or something was better for removeable
media.

> Long live open standards !

Certainly safer for your data in the long term.  I wonder when companies
will start to realize that.

> ps. I once use "MSBackup" only to find that the following version could
> not access the
> earlier versions backups. I will have no sympathy for the borg, as I
> watch their ship implode.

Except for the version of restore.exe included with win95 on the cd as
an extra which reads EVERY version of backup microsoft ever released
with DOS.  Turned out to be very useful for some people's very old
floppy "backups".

Lennart Sorensen