OT: Video signal on monitors

Matthew Godycki mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 19:32:02 UTC 2004

Good point, though I think the cable (as in cable tv) is not likely the problem.  I've done a test with hooking up a Playstation 2 directly to my ati card, and then to a tv.  The quality on the monitor is definitely worse, and the only cables at play here are the composite video/audio from the source (PS2) to the display.

I'll try the field mode setting, I've never tinkered with it.  As an aside, I've found this device from ViewSonic... I wonder if it'd make much difference:

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/video_box_nextvisionn5.htm

Thanks for your suggestions,
-Matt