OT: Video signal on monitors

pegasoft-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org pegasoft-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 17:59:01 UTC 2004

Hi Matt,

Try to connect a regular televison set to the cable tv "F" cable that usually connects to your computer ati card, and
compare the quaility of the picture of the tv monitor versus the quality of the picture from the computer window.

If the quality is similar, then you likely have a bad cable going to your computer room or maybe a faulty cable
splitter, or an incorrectly terminated "F" connector on one of the ends of your cable.

Beyond all of that, you can try to select field mode on the ati all in wonder control panel instead of frame mode.

My ati card also looks subjectively a llttle more noisey then a regular tv set...

This is likely a failing of buying a hundred dollar tv card instead of a $8,000 pro capture card...

Oh well, I hope this helps!

Dan