Ease of installation?

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 19:26:52 UTC 2004

On 14:09 Fri 27 Feb     , Peter Hiscocks wrote:
> I wonder if this 'ease of installation' is extending to permanent installs.
>
> Peter

Usually when I build a dual boot machine I partition when I first install Windows so
I can't comment directly on the issue of partitioning and defraging per se.

However, if you haven't installed Linux since the early days of Slackware, you
are in for a pleasant surprise.

I remember the old X documentation which required "black magic" to get the timings
right.

Mandrake and Redhat at least are extremely simple to set up. Debian takes a bit more
at the beginng, but the configuration is very nice.

I am a booster of Gentoo which is a mainly source install and while it takes a while to
compile everthing, updates are fairly painless.

I know that other *LUGs have install events, does TLUG?

Noah

--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"