problem connecting to a DLink DI-614+ router/hub

Zoltan zhunt-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 19:52:23 UTC 2004

I'm using a DLink DI-614+ router/hub that has a serves as my network hub at home.
It's set up as a DHCP Server and I have two computers hooked up to it: a Win2K box and the another running YellowDog Linux (basically Red Hat 8/9 for PowerPC systems, I'm running it on an AmigaOne (A1) board). No problems with the Win2K system, lots with the YDL system.

The problem I'm having is that YDL doesn't seem to be able to talk to the router. I've configured it (with the Network Conf GUI) to use dhcp to obtain IP address (same as the W2K system), however I keep getting an error when I try to activate the connection:

"Determining IP information for eth0...failed"

I've done as much of a physical check as I can- the cables, swapping ports around. I have been able to hook up my DSL modem directly to the A1, and this works. Just no luck with trying to connect through the router. As far as the router goes, all the right LEDs seem to be on, but checking the logs on the DLink seems that nothing is being sent from the A1.

Anybody have any ideas what might be happening?

Zoltan