problem connecting to a DLink DI-614+ router/hub

Garth Meisel Garth-xsdjDKdUMl2akBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 19:01:55 UTC 2004

A router or switch without a fancy supposedly good hardwired firewall should
never be placed between the outside source (cable modem, phone line) because
it will literally broadcast everything outside for nothing eating unnecessary
bandwidth.  Personally, even a fancy switch would still be placed behind at
least one box at any location I'm involved with.  This likely isn't your
problem but I bet it would most certainly eliminate the problem too.