[TLUG] Configuring my laptop's wireless card using Drakconf

Jim Skehill JimS-pFJmkVL1u50 at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 5 14:19:31 UTC 2004

I'm finally getting around to setting up my laptop's wireless card in Linux
(Mandrake 9.1).

When my wireless hub broadcasts the SSID it works fine.

However when I set it not to broadcast the SSID, and need to configure the
card with the SSID so it can find the network, that's when the confusion
arises.

I first tried to do this using drakconf - it didn't work.

I then found out that the card reads its settings from the file
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. But when I look at this file I see that it hasn't
been modified recently.

So where is drakconf writing the settings that I tried earlier?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards,
Jim.