Anything besides RealPlayer that plays Real ?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 7 00:30:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 09:28:33AM -0500, Gregory D Hough wrote

> Please excuse my ignorance in this regard, but what exactly does
> RealPlayer do that it could be classified as "SpyWare"? And is this
> something found in more recent versions of RealPlayer for Linux?

  At least some Windows versions were known to call home a lot.

> The reason I ask is because I never installed any new releases of
> RealPlayer for Linux. I use an rpm from an old boxed set of RH7.0 and
> then perform post-install repairs to mailcap etc.

  The fact that one needs to do that makes me distrust Real in general.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did