[TLUG] Configuring my laptop's wireless card using Drakconf

aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 5 23:58:22 UTC 2004

Quoting Jim Skehill <JimS-pFJmkVL1u50 at public.gmane.org>:
> I then found out that the card reads its settings from the file
> /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. But when I look at this file I see that it hasn't
> been modified recently.
>
> So where is drakconf writing the settings that I tried earlier?

Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2 had only very preliminary wireless config at best.
Mandrake 10 has a totally new drakconnect.  Hopefully it will work better for you.

BTW, I'm a Mandrake developer, I have two wireless cards, and I've yet to find a
way to get either of them working as quickly and easily as Windows does.  It's
one of the few thorns in my side.

Austin