Need help to configure sendmail

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 29 03:50:28 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 22:22, Frank Peng wrote:

> For incoming mail, reconfigure my DNS service MX
> record, let all incoming email for
> frank-tWQoongPzM9NivhThqwQo9BPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org go to my yahoo account via my
> DNS service mail server.

You cannot use DNS to rewrite mail from one domain to another.  If you want
email for your domain to work at all then there must be an Internet
accessible SMTP server available to receive mail for it.  You might be able
to find a cheap email forwarding provider (I've never looked) but you'd be
better off either getting a non-blocked home Internet connection or paying to
have your email hosted somewhere else.

> You guys use istop, how much you guys pay for a month?
> Just playing, I cannot afford more than $50 per month.

My total bill (i.e. with tax) is $36.33/month.  That gives me a static IP.
For $4 less per month I could have a sympatico-style dynamic address.  istop
has not proven to be as reliable as the big guys but that hasn't caused me to
leave so far.