Need help to configure sendmail

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 29 01:34:03 UTC 2004

Frank Peng wrote:
> I can telnet smtp1.sympatico.ca 25(I cannot telnet
> anywhere else except local)
>
> helo familywebhouse.com
> 250 ...
> mail from: frank-tWQoongPzM9NivhThqwQo9BPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
> 250 ... ok
> rcpt to: frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
> 250 ...ok
> data
> 354 ok...
> this is a message from my basement linux to yahoo
> .
> 250 Message received .....
>
> quit
>
> Then I back on to my yahoo account. I found a messge
> without sender infomation but the message reads " this
> is a message from my basement linux to yahoo"
>
> If I send a message from yahoo to my linux box, it
> says  relaying is not allowed.
>
> I have a MX record like this in my DNS service:
> zone                               server
> familywebhouse.com              smtp1.sympatico.ca
>

> So this means they blocked out my sendmail?

I think so.

Where familywebhouse.com is hosted? Is it on your home computer? Do you
have a permanent IP from Sympatico ??? Arin shows me that IP of
familywebhouse.com (70.49.102.134) belongs to Sympatico but reverse
lookup to DNS gives me the name Ottawa-HSE-ppp4102395.sympatico.ca. I
can open both addresses in my web browser. I can not telnet you on port
25. (I use istop - they do not block ports).

zb.

--
Zbigniew Koziol, SoftQuake^(tm) Open Source Business Solutions
Toronto, Canada, http://www.softquake.ca, info-lcEyp1+e+UdAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org