Need help to configure sendmail

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 29 02:02:20 UTC 2004

I am using Sympatico at my home computer.

I do not have a static IP address. I update my IP
address if it is changed so you can always get my web
site at www.familywebhouse.com.

I thought sendmail should be the same as httpd. Since
I am running sendmail and listening on port 25(I can
telnet it locally), why I cannot listen to outside?
How Sympatico block this? How do they know you are
connecting me with port 25 since the name could be
resolved and you can reach this IP address?

I did not understand. Thanks a lot!

Frank Peng.