OT: Source for firewire enclosures w/HD

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 14:34:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 11:24:37PM -0500, Alex Beamish wrote:
> My chorus is going into the recording studio next week (Metalworks in
> Mississauga) and we've decided we're really interested in getting an
> external HD with firewire connection -- that will save us $$$ from
> having the studio burn our session onto CDs. I've checked my favourite
> place Sonnam (sonnam.com) and they have an 80G and a 160G unit listed,
> but both are out of stock. Future Shop has a Maxtor 250G for $400 that
> looks like it would do. I've also seen a Data Silo product from
> storcase.com, the DS231, but no price on that, and our date is next
> Tuesday, so I have to act fast.
>
> Anyone else bought one of these units recently? I'd love to get some
> guidance on good/bad units, things to watch out for, places (within
> the GTA if possible) that you'd recommend. Thanks!

www.logiccomputerhouse.com you can get a usb2/firewire enclosure and add
your favourite HD to it yourself.  Generally cheaper too.  And you don't
void the warrenty by opening it since you get the warrenty on each part
seperately.  Comes in 5-1/4, 3-1/2 and 2-1/2 inch versions (for cd/dvd,
regular hd and laptop hd respectively.)

Lennart Sorensen