[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: TLUG - Tue Dec 14, 7:30pm

David Mayerlen dmz-yBkl/NpmZwtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 13:06:51 UTC 2004

 Buy her a Mac. Only half joking. One must recognize that OSX is not Linux
but shares the same wonderful base of software from the "free software
world". Apple's next big move should be to distribute a Linux ... but I
guess they are really an MP3 player company now.

 Knoppix is great but doesn't always work ... at least I can't get it to
work on the two machines I have tried it on. One is a lovely IBM Thinkpad
and I just haven't had a spare couple of days to debug it. Can't wait
until I do get it working however. I'm very jealous of my friends that
have it working...

 What I'm really saying is test out the Knoppix on the computer. Try
living with it yourself for a bit.