Free Software school club?

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 16:32:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Mike Newman wrote:

> Basically what I think this club *should* do is remind students and
> staff that the real world isn't homogenous and that being able to add
> "GNU/Linux" to your resume gives you a real edge in IT. It's worked
> for me so far. :)

Well said.  I'm amazed how many people coming out of IT courses are
convinced the world of computing is homogenous.  Those who only do their
course work are at a real disadvantage when they come out too.  The people
who are really successful in this industry love it and put a lot of time
in (because they want to).

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.