IBM serveraid and linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 1 15:00:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 04:58:34AM -0500, Jason Shein wrote:
> That is what I was thinking, but why would both work fine, and then when I
> removed the SCO that was installed on it it now fails?

Well I haven't looked much at the ips driver code, so maybe it does
interact more than I think.  Does the firmware and driver version both
seem right together?

I just know in every case I have encountered with drives "dying" every
week or so, it was a hardware problem.  I have only worked with
serveraid 4M cards though.

> All 3 power supplies installed and live. APC SmartUPS 1000 runing the show.

Sounds like a stable setup.

Lennart Sorensen