hello again - and a question about Rogers

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 30 19:10:03 UTC 2004

Matt Cahill wrote:

>    Now, under Libranet, I find that it's happening almost *every* time
>    I start my computer cold.  The external modem is lit "Online" as
>    it should, and I'm sure it's fine.  Somehow though, there's some
>    sort of problem with my box conversing with it.  I'm beginning to
>    think that perhaps this is an issue on Roger's end (client
>    verification of some sort?).  Regardless, it's a pain.
>
>    Has anyone else been experiencing this?

What modem do you have? I had no problems with my Rogers connection at
first. After several months I started having problems. It turned out
that it was a bad modem (I had a Terayon TJ615 modem). It was replaced
with a SurfBoard 5100 and life is good again.

The only other suggestion is to check the order in which you start your
network interfaces if you have more than one. The interface connected to
the cable modem must be started before the local network interface if
you want to get online to the net. That has been my experience.

--
Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"