hello again - and a question about Rogers

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 30 20:23:54 UTC 2004

KC> What modem do you have? I had no problems with my Rogers connection at
KC> first. After several months I started having problems. It turned out
KC> that it was a bad modem (I had a Terayon TJ615 modem). It was replaced
KC> with a SurfBoard 5100 and life is good again.

  Interesting.  What was the issue with the Tarayon?  I have one, but
  I'm pretty sure it's working OK.  Did your old Terayon pretend to
  work fine by any chance?

KC> The only other suggestion is to check the order in which you start your
KC> network interfaces if you have more than one. The interface connected to
KC> the cable modem must be started before the local network interface if
KC> you want to get online to the net. That has been my experience.

  Just have eth0.  However, I will look at the startup scripts, just
  to make sure.

  Thanks,

  Matt

--

Matt Cahill
                      m dash cahill at rogers dot com

 “Where did this idea come from that everybody deserves free education?
 Free medical care? Free whatever? It comes from Moscow. From Russia.
 It comes straight out of the pit of hell.”
 - Texas state Rep. Debbie Riddle