Converting the root filesystem to ReiserFS on LVM...

Sergio Salvi lists3-8OOxOvJoDXDLSf97qRSy8VAUjnlXr6A1 at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 15:28:45 UTC 2004

Hi!

It looks like you don't have the /dev/VG00* entries, right?

I'm not a Linux LVM expert, but as you said your kernel does support LVM, just create the devices manually using mknod.

First boot with LVM working, ls -la /dev/VG00 and write down the major and minor numbers, including the type of them (block devices, probably). Then boot with your rescue CDs and mknod'em like this:

mknod LV00 b 111 222

Hope that helps!

[]s,
Sergio Salvi.