Converting the root filesystem to ReiserFS on LVM...

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 16:16:50 UTC 2004

Hi Sergio,

   Thank you for your tip but I must be doing something wrong because it
is still refusing to mount. When I typed '# ls -la /dev/VG00' I saw this:

# ls -la /dev/VG00/
total 124
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root       4096 Apr  5 11:45 .
drwxr-xr-x  22 root     root     118784 Apr  5 11:45 ..
crw-r-----   1 root     disk   109,   0 Apr  5 11:45 group
brw-rw----   1 root     disk    58,   0 Apr  5 11:45 LV00
brw-rw----   1 root     disk    58,   1 Apr  5 11:45 LV01
brw-rw----   1 root     disk    58,   2 Apr  5 11:45 LV02

   So I rebooted using the rescue disk and sure enough there was no
'/dev/VG00'. So I 'insmod lvm-mod' (no errors) and then typed 'mknod
LV00 b 58 0' and it created"

brw-r--r--   1 root     root    58,   0 Apr  5 12:11 LV00

   But when I tried to mount it I get:

# mount -t ext3 /dev/VG00/LV00 /mnt/oldroot
mount: Mounting /dev/VG00/LV00 on /mnt/oldroot failed: No such \
   device or address

   Any sign of what I am doing wrong? Again, thank you very much!

Madison