meeting topic for this month

Chris F.A. Johnson c.f.a.johnson-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 19:21:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:15:39AM -0800, James wrote:
> > Emma, you can find the right person to contact at the TLUG website. http://tlug.ss.org/
>
> Actually the person listed on the web site is NOT the right person to
> contact--I originally emailed the contact listed on the web site but was
> told they weren't the right person. They forwarded my email onto some
> other people and I have yet to receive a confirmation back from the other
> people (because the other people aren't the right people either). (Not
> to mention the fact that the meeting page appears to be broken right now.)

    I have been confirmed for April 13 by Robert Brockway; this is the
    topic:

Developing applications with shell scripts: a POP3 client

     Why shell scripts?

     A look at the POP3 protocol

     While writing functions for
        writing to, and reading from, network sockets
        notification when mail is on server
        viewing headers
        deleting messages
        retrieving messages
        etc...
     the talk will cover many tips and tricks for shell programming.

	Chris F.A. Johnson                      http://cfaj.freeshell.org