UWO Reznet / P2P Help

Moniz john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 28 17:43:23 UTC 2003

Does anyone know much about the UWO residence setup? I configured my
daughter's PC to use Mandrake 9.1 in her residence at UWO. They are on a
residence network called reznet. All seems to be working fine.

Here comes the "except". Within reznet, they seem to have some kind of
p2p for sharing files and I think it's only for the reznet people. Since
it's somewhat restricted, it is very fast. There is a web site for
downloading the required software for file sharing, but of course, it's
a .exe file, and she couldn't make it work. So I get complaints that
Linux can't download files.

Does anyone know if a linux p2p program (I use gtk-gnutella at home)
could be used for this? What configuration questions should I be asking
the reznet admin people so that I could duplicate in the linux program?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John.