UWO Reznet / P2P Help

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 28 14:05:18 UTC 2003

On 09/28/2003 01:43:23 PM, Moniz wrote:
> Here comes the "except". Within reznet, they seem to have some kind of p2p
> for sharing files and I think it's only for the reznet people. Since it's
> somewhat restricted, it is very fast. There is a web site for downloading
> the required software for file sharing, but of course, it's a .exe file, and
> she couldn't make it work. So I get complaints that Linux can't download
> files.

I'm on the graduate residence's network here at york.  All works perfectly.
Are you sure they're sharing files by p2p and not just regular file sharing?
Here we used to have appletalk and ipx, but now they have limited it only to
windows networking.  This of course works fine through samba in mandrake (for
me at least).  I use linneighborhood or whatever it's called.

If you can find out what p2p they are using, I can likely find a linux
equivalent.

Also, have you tried running the .exe with win4lin (amazing program) or wine
(not so amazing)?

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate