Unable to log-in

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 26 12:40:32 UTC 2003

On Friday 26 September 2003 06:12, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> I was not trying to pe picky. Fixing a library that was corrupted and
> declaring the system good is dangerous imho. Several applications that
> need to run on that system would need to be tested (at least the ones the
> system is used for normally, besides system functions proper).

If you're worried that some things are corrupt you can always reinstall
everything.

Once while moving around my raid arrays I had began formating /dev/hda instead
of /dev/hdaX, I cancelled fairly quickly but it had been enough to destroy a
portion of one RAID array.  Can't remember entirely how I recovered
everything but a good part of it was trying to figure out what packages had
been installed and then "apt-get install --reinstall every friggin thing".

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux