job market

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 14:35:50 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 00:48, Tom wrote:
> "Ralph Doncaster" may have wrote:
> > If you're smart, hard-working, posess interpersonal skills, and are good
> > with Linux you'll have no trouble finding work.  If you hold an MCSE and
> > program in VB I'd say a career change is in order...
This is not realistic.  The market place is such that only the top 1%,
and the lucky are able to find jobs.  Unfortunately, the market place no
longer has room for the less skilled and the less experienced.

> Not true.  In software development there are no jobs in Linux at all.
I have not yet met someone that can truly program on Linux, that could
not .  Likely as the Linux environment gets better, it will become less
true... people will no longer the base skills that save you from time to
time.

Thankfully spelling and typing are still not required,
regards,
Lloyd