Looking for computer Co-op placement (warning this is a job seaker posting)

Tom tom-mQDsgmoLwK3SUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 03:39:03 UTC 2003

"Michael" <mjc106 at 1/¹M#ïhΰçJæmÇ> wrote in message news:20030925032721.59039.qmail-1z9btdrhxG2A/QwVtaZbd54YOaQPfWJIrVxdn2TrCWA at public.gmane.org
> > I am involved in the CO-OP program at my school.  I am looking for
> > placement in the field of software development (i.e. programming).
>
> Well if we are doing that, I am looking for a full time job, I
> graduated from Waterloo in April 02 and have a certs CCNA/CCDA and
> Linux experience and (I hesitate to add here a pile of M$
> certs/experience - MCSE/MCSA included - *blush* - I think of it as a
> Must Call Someone Experienced) I am currently doing a Masters of
> Engineering at Ryerson (Computer Networks) which means I horse around
> a lot on Cisco IOS. If anyone knows of anything - drop me a line:
> m c o l e (at) t h e o r e m (dot) c a <- antispam, sorry
> I'd sure like to stop blasting my resume at monster.ca.
>
> Sorry for the disturbance.
>
> Michael

What do they tell you in school (Waterloo or Ryerson) about the offshore programming and your career?

Are the students concerned that offshore programming will mean that they can't make a career out of software development?

I'm personally concerned that the interesting jobs - like systems development - will go offshore and the boring jobs - like designing screens to look exactly as the client wants - will stay here.  I'm a C++ developer.

Tom.