high speed DSL connectivity

Ralph Doncaster ralph-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 15 15:27:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Keith Mastin wrote:

> > A Toronto based dsl provider, dsl.ca, recently got an IPv6 prefix
> > assigned to them, and it was actually globally routable for a brief
> > period. Unfortunately they got taken over by another isp and any hope of
> > them offering ipv6 connectivity has vanished.
>
> With the way that wiznet has been conducting their business, it will be a
> wnder if they survive the next year.

DSL.ca and Velocet went bankrupt in March of this year and retained PWC to
discharge the bankruptcy.  Bell was owed over $1M between the 2 companies.
(IStop.com was a creditor too, so we got the full list of creditors and
amounts owed).

Wiznet bought some of the assets through the trustee and had the former
company officers working for Wiznet too.  I heard Jeff cut them loose
about a month ago.

-Ralph