high speed DSL connectivity

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 19 00:32:33 UTC 2003

Ralph Doncaster wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, James Knott wrote:
>

>>Ralph Doncaster wrote:
>>One of the new boxes is
>>
>>>now sitting in the bottom of my rack in 151 Front St, ready to go live
>>>sometime in the next week or so.
>>
>>Where in 151 Front St. W. are you located?  At one time, I worked for
>>Unitel in that building and did the planning for most of new installs
>>there.  My office was in the extreme NE corner of the 5th fl.
>

> We colo with Raco in 603 and 704.
> Your old office has probably been converted to datacenter space; there is
> very little regular office space left now in the bldg.

Yes, I know.  Unitel was planning on moving out, when I was still there.
  The 6th and 7th floors used to be Air Canada Univac and Collins
computers for their old reservation system and previously, the 7th floor
was the regional headquarters offices.  In fact, IIRC, 704 was the
Regional Managers office, right in the NE corner.  Back when I was in
planning there, I had over 2,000 racks to look after and we ran about
7000 amps at -48V!  The main central office was on the 4th and 5th
floors and there were also some message switching computer systems on
the 4th.