high speed DSL connectivity

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 15 02:23:52 UTC 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> In this neck of the woods, no matter what ISP you use, for DSL service I have
> a suspicion that you'd end up using pppoe (whether for static or dynamic IP).

No, definitely not true.  I have DSL without PPPoE.

Whether you can avoid PPPoE *cheaply* -- at home rather than business
prices -- is, however, another question entirely.  (Partly because the
desire to do so, like the desire for static IP addresses, signals that you
are a different class of customer, likely to work the network harder.)

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org