[Fwd: Support Ticket ID 12745 Has Been Replied To]

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 20:52:42 UTC 2003

Sidney Shapiro wrote:
>>After Rogers cut my connection and accussed me of being a spammer for
>>running an SMTP server, I don't think I'll go back.  That and their
>>horrendous reliability problems, terrible support, and weird routing
>
> left
>
>>a really bad impression.
>>Quote from their tech "You're running IIS right?"
>>I didn't say anything nasty, I don't know why they had to get
>
> downright
>
>>insulting.
>>Kareem
>

> I can't complain about Rogers, they offer decent uptime and reliability,
> and no other ISP would let you download 10-15GB a day and not charge you
> through the roof for it. Perhaps its not for everyone in every
> situation, but that's why you have to fix the problem yourself instead
> of calling tech support. It seems like the vast majority of people who
> work tech support at Rogers simply go over a five steps which will help
> you get connected using windows 98. Nothing very helpful.

I agree.  They do tend to be a bit clueless.  A couple of years ago,
when I had an OS/2 system connected to the cable modem, the "tech's"
instructions always started with "Click on the Start button...".  They
also seem to like rebooting systems.  I guess they've never heard of
reliable systems, such as Linux and OS/2.