ftp connection refused

Matthew Godycki mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 24 14:24:36 UTC 2003

Looks to me like the connections are being nuked period, it may not have anything to do with ftp at all.

I would check your hosts.allow/hosts.deny in /etc.  I generally see such messages when I try ssh/telnet/ftp into my box from some location that's not in my hosts.allow file.  This should only be an issue if your hosts.deny is set up to nuke everyone (which imho is generally a good idea):
ALL : ALL

Cheers,
-Matt