SOS2

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 23 14:53:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 10:24, Phillip Mills wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 08:42 PM, Austin wrote:
>
> > While the conference is mostly education-related, the lectures are
> > mostly technical and very general, so all are welcome.  Information is
> > available at http://poseidon.senecac.on.ca/~sos2/ .
>
> I just attempted to sign up on the web site.  After entering data on
> the participant page, hitting 'Submit' reloaded the same page with
> blank fields...no confirmation, which leads me to suspect that it
> failed...or maybe not.  There also seems to be no real world contact
> information on the site.

That is normal.  It's a poorly designed form.

> I guess I could just show up and see what happens.

Despite the list of cool speakers, I've heard that it's going to be very
friendly and informal.  I'm sure anyone can just 'show up'.
Registration is mainly so they know how much food to by, right?

Austin

--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate