Wiznet

Ralph Doncaster ralph-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 19:52:26 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Byron Sonne wrote:

> > Wiznet performance has been decreasing for the last months, according to my
> > experience here.
> > Anybody who had already changed to another ISP?
>
> Personally speaking, and I'm astounded to be saying anything good about
> Rogers, but after the financial insolvency of @home a couple years back,
> things have really settled down and it's quite reliable now.

Marc refered to hosting a few sites, so either he's asking about hosting
service or access service that allows servers.  I didn't think Rogers was
an option in either category.

For ADSL/PPPoE access, it's easy to make a smooth switch.  Get the login
for your new ISP, drop your DNS ttl the day before, try the new login and
switch everything over if it works.

The thing some people don't realize is that if your ADSL loop was
activated through an ISP like Wiznet that you can still use PPPoE logins
from other providers (i.e. @istop.com, @tht.net, ...)

-Ralph