Microsoft Must be held accountable.

Teodor Iliescu tiliescu-ZdyLq7YhDA8hunQcOVOuvCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 12 18:22:34 UTC 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Keith Mastin wrote:

> Have you seen the FreeBSD install lately? I couldn't believe how fast I
> was configuring the system after the initial fdisk... less than 20
> minutes.  :)
>
> There was a distro out a few years back as an offshoot of redhat-6.2
> called KRUD. Secured out of the box like OpenBSD, had to be a guru to do
> anything. I loved/hated it, learned a lot from that little distro.

Actually out of the three BSDs, I didn't install FreeBSD. I was surprised
that when I dropped by my high school to give a presentation to the high
school students about Seneca's programs, Linux, etc, two of the computer
science groups were presenting Redhat Linux 9.0, and the other one
FreeBSD.  Man, was I impressed.

The teacher still credits me for being the first one to install Linux
(Redhat 6.2 at the time) in the school. Although I have followers now. He
was nice enough to let me clean one of the partitions, so I could have
installed Linux on it. I set up the computer as a dual boot system. >;o

I didn't hear about KRUD, but I remember looking at this "Securing Redhat
6.2" document, which was about 300-400 pages, so I can imagine those guys
put a lot of work on it.

--
Teodor I.
http://penguincomputing.iwarp.com