LILO Dual boot problem

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 7 04:41:24 UTC 2003

At 11:25 AM 10/03/2003 -0400, Madison wrote:
>I think you have answered my problem... I believe that the current
>'/boot/message' is being symlinked to the fancy-shmancy graphical
>Mandrake boot message. I will try replacing it and seeing ifthat will
>fix the problem...

That would make a difference. Use the copy of /boot/message that is part of
the Lilo RPM.

>Thank you very much for the long message!! I will post my result for
>archival sake if it works!

Since you indicated you were using Grub and wanted to switch to Lilo I
wasn't sure how familiar you were with the basics of setting up the config
files for Lilo. At any rate, the information I provided might help someone
else in setting up Lilo or customizing it.

You should also remember to edit out parts of the messages you are replying
to which don't help to maintain context. Especially when replying to a long
message like my recent one. It will help to keep peoples e-mail boxes from
completely overflowing.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"