LILO Dual boot problem

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 3 15:25:34 UTC 2003

Here is what is in my '/boot' (relevant part, anyway):

-=-=-=-=-
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Sep  2 21:24 message ->
message-graphic
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          94K Sep  2 21:23 message-graphic
-=-=-=-=-

and here is my '/etc/lilo.conf':

-=-=-=-=-
prompt
timeout=50
default=redhat
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
lba32

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-20.9
        label=redhat
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-20.9.img
        read-only
        append="hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi root=LABEL=/"

other=/dev/hda1
        optional
        label=win2k
-=-=-=-=-

I think you have answered my problem... I believe that the current
'/boot/message' is being symlinked to the fancy-shmancy graphical
Mandrake boot message. I will try replacing it and seeing ifthat will
fix the problem...

Thank you very much for the long message!! I will post my result for
archival sake if it works!

Madison