GUI

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 29 17:04:49 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 11:28:12AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> All I remember was ow OS/2 felt like it was assembled by hundreds of
> independant teams that didn't talk to each other. Related options where

Warp 3.0 was rather fugly widget- and wm-wise.

> spread all over in different tabbed windows in no sensible order.  What
> a mess.  And from what I read about people trying to write multimedia
> apps for OS/2 it was horrible to develop on.  Of course I never tried to
> write any programs for OS/2.  I prefered Linux at the time I met OS/2.
> I still do.

And writing multimedia apps for Linux and Windows are any better?

I found this yesterday, and it totally made my day (hot on the heels
of the /. article about libcaca):
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/QuickTime/Goodies/ASCIIMoviePlayerSample/qtplyr.c.htm

--
taa