GUI

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 30 01:30:00 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 12:04:49PM -0500, Taavi Burns wrote:
> Warp 3.0 was rather fugly widget- and wm-wise.
>
> And writing multimedia apps for Linux and Windows are any better?

Yes.  Well Linux at least.  I like it.  Sound is pretty easy, graphics
is too.  Lots of nice free libraries.  If you use SDL life becomes
pretty easy actually.

> I found this yesterday, and it totally made my day (hot on the heels
> of the /. article about libcaca):
> http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/QuickTime/Goodies/ASCIIMoviePlayerSample/qtplyr.c.htm

The OS X stuff is rather nice too, although I am not used to nextstep
stuff (and certainly not ObjC) so it isn't what I would want to work on
(Besides I don't have a Mac).

Lennart Sorensen