Confused as Chris Griffin

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 28 01:05:38 UTC 2003

> On November 27, 2003 05:24 pm, Keith Mastin wrote:
>
>> > FORWARD chain "are for packets destined for other hosts"
>> > Well, why am I recieving packets that arent meant for me?
>>
>> The firewall will accept anything first ACCEPT'ed, then not DROP'ed
>
> I don't think that statement is completely true.

doh!
If it's accepted, it gets passed. I dunno exactly what I was thinking.
Should have been as soon as it matches a rule then it gets dispached
according to the rule, and if no rule matches then the policy applies. I
use a DROP policy on everything, so maybe that's where my comment came
from. Sorry.

--
Keith