Debian Updates

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 26 21:38:03 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 15:16, JoeHill wrote:

> Scheduled Tasks?!", tell them to read man crontab? They'll drop it like a
> hot potato and run screaming back. Which is *why* some kind-hearted souls
> came up with sol'ns like cron-apt, Webmin, or in Mandrake the Cron tool in
> Control Center.

You're correct.  A lot of people seem to prefer clicking around in GUIs until
they get it right rather than understanding it and getting it right in the
first place ;-)  For cron GUIs there's kcron which provides a reasonable
enough interface, I'm sure gnome must have an equivalent as well.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux