webcam for Linux

Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 17:42:15 UTC 2003

Does anyone know of a good one?  The specs that I'm hoping for are:

  - has a clip so that it can sit on the top edge of my laptop's screen
  - has a USB connector [that works in Linux, duh!!]
  - can take snap shots
  - optionally, will show the live picture in a little window

As you can see, I'm easy to please but have absolutely no experience with
webcams.  Everyone that I've spoken with defaults to Logitech.

I'll do my own researchbefore buying but any pointers are appreciated.

TTYL,
--
matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                               starnix inc.
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                        thornhill, ontario, canada