let's expand this idea

bob findlay fcsoft-rxKNY4w4koG3ikBYyZqyVg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 16:08:35 UTC 2003

A while back I connected a small group together to brainstorm business
opportunities in the Open Source era.

I've summarized the group findings on my website at:

	http://www.icanprogram.com/selfhostedCD.html

Why make the ideas public?
I don't believe that the value in most open source business opportunities
lies in the idea itself.      When you read the discussion above you will not
find anything particularly original or mind stretching.

How do we take this idea to the next level?
Its all in the marketing.

This is a hard concept for a technoid (like myself) to accept but this idea
will never get out of the gate until someone convinces a paying customer to
step up to the plate.     The "build it and they will come" marketing method
will simply not work in this case.