time reference servers?

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 17:17:08 UTC 2003

At 03:27 AM 11/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Which time servers (port 13, 37, 123) do you use to set your system
>time?  I would like to find machines closer to me than <time.apple.com>
>and <time.windows.com>.

I use time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov to set up the time on my systems. It may
not be the closest network wise but it ties back to the atomic clock of the
NIST and gives my computers a time which is virtually the same as I hear
via shortwave radio from WWV/WWVH. With other time servers, there is often
some slight difference (a few seconds) between the system time and WWV/WWVH.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb-XXPEJ3/fxIc at public.gmane.org#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"