apt-get problem - hero2zero, again !

david j patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 1 10:51:17 UTC 2003

> The only thing better than beer... is free beer!  Mmmmm.... beer....
>
> Kareem

And speaking of beer, I'm crying into mine right now !

hero2zero

When we last tuned in, our hero was banishing multiple conflicts with a single stroke!
Conflicts resolved, he swore that his system would never again be fraught with unmet dependancies and apt-get dist-upgraded to a keen edge .. can you see this coming ?

apt-get dist-upgrade went off smoothly, and the root prompt surfaced without an error as I flew out the door.
On return I reboot and guess what ?
no alsa
no ethernet card found
	no ADSL, no net
		pppoeconf looks strangely less helpfull and basically the box is off line !

I'm sending you this SOS after booting a damnsmalllinux4-4.10 iso, running PPPoEconf, installing firebird, firing up ,and configuring, sylpheed and NOW I gotta hit the sack, cause I'm working tomorrow !

ya still got a brewskie comin your way..
	and I was _just_ lookin' at mondo..
		thank god (or Klaus Knopper) for bootable linux !
thanks,
djp