P4C800 Motherboard

Andrew G. Hammond drew-vnkfHpbZfesgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 1 07:06:21 UTC 2003

2.6 series definately has support for SATA chipsets. It's under the SCSI
subsection.

And I strongly recommend against Promise Raid cards. If you must have
hardware raid, get a 3ware. Not only are they supported on linux
explicitly by 3ware, they are actually pretty decent performers.

I went with the Intel P4C board. It gets delivered tomorrow. Will report
to the thread how it does with drivers etc.

Drew