Compiling the 2.6 kernel

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 26 18:53:45 UTC 2003

At 12:30 AM 12/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I decided to celebrate Christmas by compiling a version 2.6 kernel. :-)

There is more to getting a (b)leading edge kernel running than just
compiling it. In the past, when I wanted to run 2.2 or 2.4 soon after it
came out, you needed to have more recent versions of about 6 packages in
order to use the new kernel.

The packages included (IIRC): binutils, modutils, nettools, and some others
I can't remember. Be sure to check the documentation to see what else you
may need to update before you try rebooting in to a new kernel.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb-XXPEJ3/fxIc at public.gmane.org#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"