[TLUG] (remote) install fest

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-ZTO5kqT2PaM at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 17 21:52:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:56:42 -0500, William Park wrote:

> I am interested in thin client aspect.  I'm Slackware guy, but there
> shouldn't be too much of difference with Debian, as long as XFree86 and
> Kernel are uptodate.

Yeah, the Linux Terminal Server project is the popular thing for this.

> - How many PCs do you have for Linux X-terminal?  If you don't have
>   enough, then multiple cpu-less stations (ie. monitor/keyboard/mouse)
>   can be set up.

10 or so.  There's been a recent donation of low-end P1, 32M machines,
perfect for this.

> - When do you plan to meet this week?

Party night tonight, though I'm sure we'll be talking computers. - 6pm
All out gearhead night tomorrow - 5 or 6 ish to 9.  This is our regular
weekly meeting night.

Location again: St. Christopher House, Dundas & Ossington, North West
corner. TTC: Ossington bus south from Ossington Station or Dundas West
streetcar.

Ask at the reception for the Bang the Drum area.